Week 14 Reading: Brothers Grimm (Ashliman) B

Not your normal Bitcoin Mining
As I entered the second part of this week's Brothers Grimm stories, I was still lucky enough to be reading some unfamiliar stories. Right off the bat, I wondered if The Little Lamb and The Litte Fish is responsible for the origin on "Eenie Meenie Miney Moe." Obviousy, some of the text was a little bit different in the Brothers Grimm story. But it would surprise me if the premise and a segment of the words were so similar and it was not the foundation. Moving forward there was some fantastic imagery going on in Simeli Mountain. I felt like I was among the gold and silver within the depths of the mountatin. The story had a pretty shocking ending and I felt like it was not super related to the rest of the story. Maybe a more sensible ending would be for the brother to remain trapped after the mountain closed on him for uttering the wrong name. Either way, reading this second part was yet again a delightful trip down a familiar lane, albeit including unknown stories.

Story source: Dan Ashliman's Grimm Brothers' Children's and Household Tales. Link.
Image source: Link

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Carl

Week 7 Story